Sunday, June 19, 2011

Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, Hollywood Cemetery, and Blogging

Last weekend I attended the 42nd Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel.  This was my third time going to this event and I was not disappointed.  My weekend was filled with great instruction from top notch speakers, cruising (and purchasing) throughout the exhibit hall, and exchanging stories with other family historians.  I had a great time.
 
There were two highlights of the event for me.  The first was that I got to tour the Hollywood Forever Cemetery where my husband’s great-grandmother, Annah E. Lander, was interned in 1935.  And the second was to attend at the Genealogy Bloggers Summit I where I found instruction and encouragement to start this blog.

1935 Newpaper Obituary from Family Scrapbook
The Hollywood Forever Tour was fantastic.  I had forgotten my research data at home so I had to go to the office to look up where Annah was located.  The girl in the office leafed through an old log book and she found the information I needed.  Annah was in the Cathedral Mausoleum, Crypt 75, at the far end of the cemetery.


Hollywood Cemetery Cathedral Mausoleum
Photo taken June 10, 2011

Annah Elizabeth Watson Lander



Born March 2, 1849 in Newbury, Sank County, Wisconsin
Died1935 in Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California

I know this blog is a little rough and bumpy but I'm encouraged by the community and support that is available and look forward to hearing from you. 

©2011 – Frank’s Daughter All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the start of your blog! You have ben to Jamboree three times, so have I, and we have not met? Next year for sure, we have to do it! Thank you for commenting on my blog, it was greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start with your new blog! Did we meet at Jamboree (can't tell from your profile)? I hope so... if not, hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete