Monday, July 4, 2011

Treasure Chest Continues - The Marie Brennar Letters

This is a continuation of posted and transcribed letters by Marie Brennar to William and Hannah Ward of Nottingham on the adoption of her son, Alexander Ernest Hope.

Marie writes about her illness, letter dated 12 Jan 80

[Side 1 Right Side]
236 Golborne Mo
Notting Hill
12 Jan 80

My Dear Brother and Sister
            What must you think of me from my silence  I am only getting out of a very bad illness pluracy  Ihope my Dear sister

[Side 2]
is better.  Oh do tell me if Earnest is well  if there is such a thing as abroken heart it is mine.  I never never will be happy on this earth.  There is no joy Iam getting worse instead of better.  I trust you are well and busy and in a prosperous happy way.  Give my love to Polly and kiss my fond fond Earnest for his poor unhappy mother.  Be particular and put your letter in an anvelope with out our address inside the anvelope   I send address.  Do let me have a long letter by return.

[Side 1 Left Side Vertical]
The Dr. told the Rev Sabrine Kington that it will be months  before I am well again. 
With fond, fond love and
kisses  Your fond
     Marie Brennar

©2011 – Frank’s Daughter All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment