Corp. Herschel S. Lander, World War I
(23 Jun 1890-28 May 1940), son of Warren and Annah Lander, was in France during World War I with the American Expeditionary Force, 4th Corps Balloon Group.
On back of World War I Postcard Photo reads the following:
Mr. W. J. Lander & FamilyA Merry Xmas
A Happy New Year
Corp. Herschel S. Lander
Headquarters Co. Balloon Group
4th Army Corps
World War I Balloon units of the U.S. Army:
- 1st Corps Balloon Group consisted of the 1st, 2nd, and 5th Balloon Companies.
- 3rd Corps Balloon Group consisted of the 3rd, 4th, 9th, and 42nd Balloon Companies.
- 5th Corps Balloon Group consisted of the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 12th Balloon Companies.
- First U.S. Army Balloons consisted of the 1st Corps Balloon Group which consisted of the 11th and 43rd Balloon Companies.
- 4th Corps Balloon Group consisted of the 15th, 16th, and 69th Balloon Companies.
- 6th Corps Balloon Group consisted of the 10th Balloon Company.
|Air Service World War I posters fromWikipedia|
©2011 – Frank’s Daughter All Rights Reserved