Saturday, July 2, 2011

Treasure Chest Continues - The Marie Brennar Letters

This is a continuation of posted and transcribed letters by Marie Brennar to William and Hannah Ward of Nottingham on the adoption of her son, Alexander Ernest Hope.


 Marie Brennar letter with no dated

[Side 1]
6 Princes Street
Oxford
                                   
My own Dear Mrs. Ward and Mr. Ward ,
            Itrust baby is well and Good and won’t you tell me how he is and I got His bottle from his nurse  I trust it is some Dr. Johnson prepared for him.  It is a large bottle but I changed it fearing it

[Side 2]
would get broken and that I should lose all  I will send the remainder when you write   Put two tea Spoons full into a bottle of milk at night.  It is to keep him regular in bowells and Despel wind
            I will write soon and love to you Polly and Mr Ward from your Sincere and loving
                                    Marie Brennar
P.S.  please post those two letters and once for me and if any come send them to here
            God bless ye

[Side 1 Vertical Writing]
I found the bottle
 could not go to
day It bring Spilt
(the Medicines)
©2011 – Frank’s Daughter All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment